Lost... | Teen Ink

Lost...

By rruth17 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
rruth17 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Ever caught yourself thinking? Overthinking? Thinking about situations that haven’t taken place? Me, been there, done that. Room full of people but yet the only feeling was being lonely.

Change has always been a challenge for me. Yet I find a way to adjust. I have moved a l0t in my life. From India to Oklahoma to New Jersey now present day in Delaware. During all the transitions the feeling I’ve had was empty, sad, and unhappy. The thoughts I had were I belonged nowhere. I felt lost.

Not knowing what the next step in life is very hard. Life just was just going with the flow. There were times my thoughts took over my mood and who I was as a person. One day I hit rock bottom. At that point I decided to myself I need to have a purpose to wake up in the morning. I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself. Suddenly I didn’t feel lost.

Being positive can be the most hardest when all that you feel is being isolated. Yet I tried. Repeatedly I stopped myself from overthinking. That helped me to be the person I am today. Every teenager overthinks but everyone has a different way of dealing with it. When this change came in my life there was a feeling that I hadn’t felt in a very long time. Everything felt new and my perspective changed.  Later on I realized it was called happiness. At that very moment I was sure I was not lost.

Overthinking can either build you up or break you down. In my case it built me up. I know my purpose, I want to get out of my bed and reach my goal to take care of children. You can either choose to be lost or you can choose to be found.

This is for teenagers who think i have no purpose in life. i want to convey to them that you can be happy and that you can have a purpose.