A Fifteen Year Old with a Dream | Teen Ink

A Fifteen Year Old with a Dream

By jdlwikid BRONZE, Saint Francis, Wisconsin
jdlwikid BRONZE, Saint Francis, Wisconsin

Think of the last time you or somebody else was declined to a job or a team because of their/your weight, religion, disability or race/ethnicity. I believe that all should be treated equal regardless of those things.

As a person with a mental disability, I would still like the extra help in classes with assignments or more time on tests. I would like to be treated by other students as they would with their friends. I have been excluded from a lot of activities, like birthday parties or outdoor games.

Slowly I have been accepted for who I am and not what I can do in society. I’ve slowly learned to not accept yourself for what others think of you, but for what you think of yourself. Sure it’s hard for me to make friends. Sure I do things just to get attention and I get special treatment. Sure sometimes I use the fact that I have autism to my advantage, but I am a human being too. At times I act the way I do for reasons and not just because of my Autism, ADD or ADHD. I don’t get what is so hard about accepting people for who they are and not what they can do. Nevertheless though, I still have autism and I am still here today.

I was so intimidated to get friends; I ended up hacking the school in the 2014-2015 school year just to get kids to like me. But it didn't do me any good. All it did was get me into more trouble. I regret doing that because I still don't have friends. I’m tired of other kids judging me because of my autism.

I have been through a lot within the past few weeks and a video I watched really spoke to me. It made me think about my view of my life and that’s what inspired me to write this. I’m tired of being bullied and treated differently. I’m tired of people getting declined jobs or admittance because of their weight, body type, disabilities, religion, race/ethnicity or sexual preference.

Actually I want people to know and I really don’t care what anybody says about this. I'm turning 15, (a freshman in highschool) and I still sleep with a stuffed animal. My dad says that I shouldn’t tell people that, but I am because I want to prove a point. That point is is that everybody has their difficulties and differences and that’s what make us/them unique. Or in other words, it makes us who we are.

Someday I hope to be a CEO of my own computer company by putting my computer knowledge to good use. And those who thought wrong of me might someday be working for me.

Overall, I believe that all should be treated equally regardless of their weight, body type, sexual preference, religion, disability or race/ethnicity. Because they are all humans too!

My name is Jacob David L. and I am a High School Freshman with a dream, a dream to change America the same way Martin Luther King Jr. did, all with one speech.

This essay is from my 9th grade english that i wrote