September 16, 2016
By , Pasco, WA

One sunny day while living in Michoacán, Mexico, I was cutting unneeded branches from the trees in a tamarind farm which are brown pod like fruits. My job was to pull the branches to either side of the farm. While walking to go drink water a random bee stung me it didn’t really hurt because sadly I was used to it. So I just continued with my day I was left alone while my partner went to get lunch. So I kept working and I felt another sting again, it was more painful than the bee sting I thought it was a wasp, I stopped so the pain would go away. I didn’t see any improvement, the pain only got worse then I began to think it must have been a scorpion. I began to worry, so I went to the entrance of the farm to wait for the workers to come back, but luckily the motorcycle was there I hoped on and I was on my way to the health clinic.

On my way to the health clinic I notice the fuel gage is low, I began to worry I wouldn’t make it. Fortunately, I made it to the health clinic, but there was no one there. I ask the neighbor where is the doctor? He doesn’t know, but he tells me where he lives. I quickly go to the doctor’s house, but he tells me it’s not his shift, so he tells me to go to the beach where the other doctor lives. After I get to the other doctor, she gets pissed because it isn’t her shift either, but she tells me to meet her there. The whole time I’m staring at the fuel gage hoping it doesn’t run out, right when I got there the throttle doesn’t respond any more, the gas ran out, but that was the least of my worries the effect of the venom was beginning, it was getting difficult to breath.

The doctor opens up the clinic and quickly tells me to lie down while she prepared the antidote. She has to inject into the veins of the forearm, I had never been injected there. Surprisingly, I didn’t feel anything but the doctor moved the needle and it hurt a lot I thought she was mad or something. About 30 minutes passed and I was feeling better; the doctor gave me a receipt and said I could go home, but the motorcycle had no gas. How was I going to go home? I couldn’t be exposed to wind, and then I remembered my aunt lives close by and I was on a steep hill so I set the motorcycle on neutral and let gravity do its thing. As I arrived my aunt was surprised I was there, I explained the whole story and she drove me home. My grandmother was in the doorway waiting for me, and she was worried because it was 8 pm. I also explained to her the story then she gave me tea and cookies and went to sleep.

Join the Discussion

This article has 4 comments. Post your own now!

JuiceyValencia said...
Sept. 22, 2016 at 12:21 pm
Ball is life.
Arturo851 replied...
Sept. 22, 2016 at 12:22 pm
Ball Is not life
JuiceyValencia replied...
Sept. 22, 2016 at 12:22 pm
OooOooh but it is.
Arturo851 replied...
Sept. 22, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Maybe k bye
Site Feedback