Bullying: What Is it Good for? | Teen Ink

Bullying: What Is it Good for?

By CarIosFlores BRONZE, Sacramento, California
CarIosFlores BRONZE, Sacramento, California

It was in my 3rd period in my 7th grade class. It was between me and the two students behind me. It was around the 1st month of school when I was still happy about going into my classes I would always wait for 2nd period to end because my 2nd period teacher was very strict and very mean. After the bell rang I packed my stuff very quickly and waited to be dismissed when she dismissed us I got up went out the door and headed to my 3rd period class. When I entered my class I sat down, unpacked my things and waited until I was given directions that was until I heard some laughing noises behind me. When I looked back it was the two kids who were always making fun of me because of how I looked and how I had a squeaky voice. After that I turned back around and resumed in finishing my work. During our break from writing I took a rest and looked around the room it was beautiful. Then I feel my chair moving sideways to look at the right of the wall. I look back and it was the two bullies. I tell them to stop but whenever I tell them they begin laughing. “If you guys aren’t going to stop then I will tell the teacher.” I told them.

They pretended to be scared and did little girl voices at me. “Gee I wonder what will happen if he tells the teacher?” Them they both said “A snitch.” And both started laughing. O don’t like being called a snitch so I didn’t tell the teacher. On some days they would make jokes about me and on other days on how am dressed. Rarely I would have days that where they don’t do anything. It was like this every day and sometimes it would be during lunch. This is how it was for the rest of the school year because our teacher never changed our assigned seats. The best days was when the bullies weren’t there I would relax and do my work in peace. One day we had to work in partners and I had to be partners with one of the bullies because the other bully wasn’t there.

I was scared because since he was next to me I thought that he was going to bully me. I was a little shaky but I relaxed and try not to do anything bad so that he won’t do anything. But it was weird because he did not try to do anything to me. Instead he asked me for help and I helped him. When he talked to me we had a lot of things in common and we also told each other friendly jokes. It was very fun I did not know that we had so much to talk about. From that day on I went from being scared to being normal kid going to school. I wonder if he thought that he was a bully to me. From there we became best friends.