Four Weeping Willows | Teen Ink

Four Weeping Willows

By Stars1522 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Stars1522 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who feel the same pain as me. I am the only one who feels the same pain as them. Four weeping willows with branches that look down and all the weight on their shoulders. Four who don’t want to be here. Four hopeless willows planted all alone. Four whose hearts, are empty and long for him, but as we lay down we can’t sleep because we long for happiness.

Their pain is secret. They send negative feelings throughout their body. They look high, but reach down and grasp the earth in their hands  looking at the sky in pain and always remembering their anger. This is when they cry.
They don’t forget his being, they all droop down like the rain falling from the sky. With their arms around each other. Cry, cry, cry they say as their heads look down. They weep.

When I am too sad and too weak to keep crying, when I am a tiny thing against the strong wind, then it is I who look at the trees. When there is nothing left to look forward to. Four who grow despite their pain. Four who try and do not forget to try. Four whose only reason is each other to live and live.

This is inspired by my family trying to push through hard times in the loss of a loved one.