My Family's Eyes | Teen Ink

My Family's Eyes

May 27, 2016
By _Yellow_Rose_ GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
_Yellow_Rose_ GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My family's eyes are an insight to our emotions, our health, our every being. Big, piercing eyes are the trademark of my siblings and I. Two of us given eyes the color of earth after a heavy rain like our parents, and the other two given the color of oak leaves in the summer sun.


Grandma had chameleon eyes, in that her dark chocolate brown eyes would shift to a milk chocolate when she was ill, or upset. That trait, passed to my mother, John and I, is prominent as a bold letter in an otherwise regular text.
When I am stressed, there is no hiding, because anyone in our family would be able to pick out the fine detail of my chameleon eyes shifting to a lighter color in defense of my emotions.


Jacob and Joseph have eyes the color of spring time, bright and energetic, that contrast against their bark brown hair. Jacob’s eyes scream his passion when he’s creating music, and Joseph’s do the same when he converses energetically about the books he reads in free time.


Our eyes are an insight to our lives, too big to ignore and too colorful to lack interest in.