The Inevitable | Teen Ink

The Inevitable

By uniquelylexy SILVER, San Jacinto, California
uniquelylexy SILVER, San Jacinto, California

Have you seen those movies where the girl has a guy best friend, and sometime during the length of the movie he falls in love with her or vise versa? That is the inevitable. Have you ever sepnt so much time with one person that you become completely attached towards their every move? That is the inevitable. And have you ever been stuck between: best friend love or the true love? That is the inevitable.

Having a guy best friend bring the question of, "Are you guys a thing?" At first you look at each other, then laugh. Maybe both of you go home and realize maybe just maybe you may have deep feelings for the other.

It was in January when the friendship started to blossom. This friendship didn't start like other, formally introducing each other, no. Our true friendship started when we walked to my English class and we stopped halfway and he said, "Alexis, I don't know if you realized but I used to like you then." After he said this we parted ways. At that moment, his love towards me was inevitable.

I began to ponder, months later, about what he said to me. Our memories were dashing through my mind like one of those 80's movies. These memories of the little things. The way we met at the same spot every morning and talked about our night even if we were talking all night. The way we "coincidentally" met at the lockers to walk to class together. The way we would both wait at the regular spot for the other to come out, and as we reach eye contact both our 22 facial muscles begin to work. We knew each other for only about 4 months, but we act as if we have known each other forever. I still ponder about those three words he says to me. "I love you," he said with the greatest affection one can give.

Have you ever fallen in love with your best friend that you thought nothing about before, but now he is "your right hand and your go to"? That is my form of the inevitable. 

I still ponder about those three words he says to me.