Robbery in a Fast Food Restaurant | Teen Ink

Robbery in a Fast Food Restaurant

By Adilahz GOLD, Selangor, Other
Adilahz GOLD, Selangor, Other

During the last school holidays, I took up a part -time job at a fast food restaurant. Although the salary was a pittance, my co-workers and I earned a lot of form tips which we put in a tip collection box and divided equally among ourselves at the end of the day.

One day, a young man entered the restaurant and sat down by himself. He ordered a simple meal and read the newspaper while eating. At closing time he was still at the table. His food was finished but he continued reading the newspapers. The restaurant crew had already begun cleaning up. The head cashier told me to ask the gentlemen to settle his bill so that the cashiers could tally their takings for the day.

I went up to the man and politely asked if he could settle his bill as we were closing for the day. He immediately got up and walked up to the cashier's counter. I assumed he was going to settle the bill, but suddenly he pulled out a gun and demanded all the cash in the cash register as well as the money in the tip collection box.

The cashiers had no choice but to comply. The man stuffed the money into his bag and left the restaurant. We were all stunned at the audacity of the man. The head cashier then called the police.

We reported what had happened and gave a description of the man. The police viewed the video taken by the security camera and lifted fingerprints from the items of cutlery that the man used. The crew left for the night feeling frustrated and crestfallen that the day's earnings had been wiped out by the crook.

Be more carefull when you with stranger