Shark Attack | Teen Ink

Shark Attack

April 6, 2016
By ITypesMyFeelings BRONZE, Cinnaminson, New Jersey
ITypesMyFeelings BRONZE, Cinnaminson, New Jersey
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Everyone has heard of Jaws before, but can you imagine how a ten inch plastic shark can send my sister to the hospital? It was a calm summer day at my aunt's house. Swimming and swishing in the pool with my cousins. "Marco....Polo" We yelled back and forth. My sister was Marco and what she didn't know was that she was also the target of a major shark attack. We all thought it was just another average game of Marco Polo until my five year old cousin popped up out of the water, with a plastic shark in hand, and flung it across the pool. It hit my sister's lip then plopped into the water. With her eyes still shut, she turned around and yelled "Marco", while my response was "Oh my gosh your bleeding!" At that moment I have never seen her leap out of a pool any faster than she did. I placed a towel on her lip and it automatically was stained in blood. I was terrifyed and my poor cousin was upset because he knew it was his fault. A pool wide evacuation took place. I rushed inside looking for my aunt and told her what had happened. She grabbed the phone and dialled 911. My mom met us at the house before my sister was taken to the hospital. Around ten that night they returned from the hospital. My sister had to get 3 stitches.

She survived though. So beware, even plastic sharks can attack!


The author's comments:

Comedic spin on an intense moment in my life.