My grandpa | Teen Ink

My grandpa

By Lamarr SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Lamarr SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

My grandpa always had a mischievous smerk when he was up to something he would alway say drive it like you stole it but then he would drive at like 5 miles a hour. My grandpa was one of the most influential people in my life. He influenced my life, by teaching me to work hard never giving up and influencing me by examples.

These are some how’s he influenced me. He taught me to work hard like when we did project around his house for him. He taught me to never give up on your work like when would do his dishes or cleaning branches. I think that the hows are one of the most important.

The next most important is the why's in my opinion. This is because asking why can be a good thing to in order to learn more. The first why he taught me was that keeping at it is good because it can pay off. Never giving up is the second reason because whatever I am doing can be fun not giving do some work. I feel like the why’s should would be mentioned cause why can be helpful to not give in. I feel like the whys deserved to be mentioned.

Finally is then when, the first time is and I when we were painting his and my grandma’s house. My brother, my cousin and I learned to work hard and it can be rewarding. The second thing is when we were putting in his patio we learned it can be fun to work for relatives.

Those are the how, why and when my grandpa influenced my life in a big way. I hope you learned a little about he how he influenced me, my brother and possibly my cousin. My grandpa always had a mischievous smerk when he was up to something.