Perfection Personified | Teen Ink

Perfection Personified

March 1, 2016
By ChaoticRebel BRONZE, Addis Ababa, Other
ChaoticRebel BRONZE, Addis Ababa, Other
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage......
Unless you're afraid."


If you knew me a year ago..I'd say to you,"Do not fall in love,", I'd say this when I sensed that you were becoming one of those lovesick heroines. I'd tell you that he will take you to museums and parks, and monuments and kiss you in every beautiful place so that you can never go back to them without tasting him in your mouth, that he will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible. And that when he leaves....you will finally understand why storms are named after people. That is what I'd tell you, until he came along and changed everything forever.
   

Perhaps this is what the "Power of love" is. It led the single and bitter, cynical girl who detested romance to write about the boy she loves.


I know he's the one....because every Taylor Swift song seems to make sense now, I crave his existence, cannot function without ensuring his happiness and can't get through a single day without constantly thinking about him. Rom-Coms are now  bearable...and I can watch them without disappearing into a puddle of tears and cursing the universe because I know that I have an Augustus Waters of my own. Heck, Augustus has nothing on him.


And the purpose of writing this is to explain why, and somehow reason with you that he is ridiculously perfect and is a superhero with unbeatable super powers. So here's why...

   

It's a mystery as to how he could walk into a room and change the total atmosphere in it. You'd always know if he walked in...because his one smile can make his presence felt. He'll stroll in, and say hello. And just like that he'll win you over. He will make you laugh and tell you how difficult his hair is... And in that moment you'll know , that those fictional characters who cannot seem to comprehend how perfect they are..with their little quirks and flaws and detailed features and carefully crafted personalities....are real. Because you'll know he's proof that the boy you've dreamt of all this time *gasps*..... exists.


He has that charm. He's dangerously charismatic. He is the kind of person that you can't help but want to know more about. He will never run out of things to tell you about, he'll impersonate and tell you stories. He will never leave you bored. And when he leaves.. He'll leave you wishing that you could rewind time and listen to him more closely and carefully, because he's one of those people whom you'd love to know more and more about. He's like one of those songs you have to replay because you spaced out and didn't appreciate it enough.

     

He will turn every little insignificant detail into something major, worth remarking about. When you're with him.. You'll begin to notice tiny details. He could turn the most boring of situations into something you'll laugh about for a very long time.


You know he will grow up to do amazing things, because someone like him is destined to.

    

And his smile..I swear to god it is the most beautiful thing ever. He'll probably just tell you about how much he hates his crooked teeth. But when he smiles, you'll be convinced that very happy dream you dreamt will come true. And it's addictive. Before you know it you'll be desperate to see him smile, you'll start to look for ways to make him laugh because him being happy...makes you happy.And his laugh...it's contagious. You can't help but want to laugh with him. It's the nicest kind of laugh there is.

 

And his voice...it is the best thing ever. Its low...and dead sexy. It's comforting. And convincing. When your'e sad, he'll  tell you that you're going to be okay. And no matter how awful you feel, all the hurt will vanish. It's soothing. All I ever want to do is just keep hearing him talk.


And his smell.....is heavenly. Breathing him in is like getting a whiff of the best feelings ever. It will make you feel like clinging on to him forever. It makes you feel warm and comfy inside. And it'll become the best scent ever, because you'll soon learn to associate his smell to all things happy. Because he now is your happiness.
     

Now, let me tell you about his eyes. His eyes are so carefully crafted that you'll never want to look away and you'll keep wishing you could forever look into them. But at first you'll find it slightly intimidating. Because when you look at him...you'll see these two perfect greenish hazel eyes that really are beautiful...and at once you'll become conscious about your own flaws. Every time you look at him... You'll feel just slightly inferior. Then you'll start to look for flaws in him. Go ahead and try, take a real close look. But everything from his freckles to his perfectly angular nose and full lips will render you helpless.


And if that isn't enough, his charm will totally disarm you.


But of course, he's completely oblivious to all of this. And I don't think I could ever muster up the courage to say any of this to him. That's what I fear perhaps, that once he knows just how magical he is, he'll know he deserves more- More than me. And I know I will never be able to be what he deserves, because how can magic deserve anything less than perfection?
     

But all I know is that he's mine.
    

And whenever he makes me laugh, tells me how beautiful he thinks I am, holds me, or even when I get a whiff of his smell I feel loved.


He'll send me long goodnight texts, cuddle the sadness right out of me, let me weirdly sniff his neck, pick me up like I'm weightless, make me laugh and most importantly...love me.


I used to think that falling in love gives you just another weakness. I was wrong.


Being in love with him, and knowing he loves me back is what can get me through anything. If anything he makes me feel slightly stronger...and more able. Because I don't cry myself to bed anymore. I sleep happy, thinking of him. He is my motivation to keep going, and quite frankly I don't know where I'd be without him. I love him. And I  think that I always will.


  Thank you Harry,
           For being my Hero.


The author's comments:

In inspiration for this one seems quite obvious. I think I felt the need to write this down since this is what I'm thinking of almost always. 

And besides, I needed to fangirl a bit.