Hunting and Fishing Guide | Teen Ink

Hunting and Fishing Guide

By Dilan BRONZE, New Prague, Minnesota
Dilan BRONZE, New Prague, Minnesota

Imagine that turkey strutting into the decoys, your heart racing, the adrenaline flowing through your blood as as if it was almost numbing. your heart beating so fast and loud you think the turkey will hear it. That is just another day of hunting. If I got to pick one job to do for the rest of my life it would be a hunting in fishing guild. A hunting and fishing guide is a person the scouts the land and people pay them to go out hunting or fishing. I think this job would be a dream job because I  could do what I do on my free time anyways, it would be like not working a day of my life. If I could choose one job to have I would chose to be a hunting and fishing guide because of my passion for the outdoors, to help others reach their goals, and it's something new everyday.

I would want to be a guide because of my passion for the outdoors. I have been hunting and fishing since I can remember. The outdoors is always been my backyard. If I am not working or at school I am more than likely hunting or fishing. My passion for the outdoors is being outside and away from all the noise of the town or city it's a place where you can get away and just enjoy the noise of nature and not hear all the other camotion. The thing I like about the outdoors is seeing the wildlife. When you sit in that deer stand or sit in the duck blind or even sitting in the boat you get to see how wildlife actually interacts. When you work in town or sit in a desk you don't get to fully understand what the wildlife does on a daily basis. Therefor being a hunting and fishing guide would be my dream job because I would get to be outdoors almost everyday and would be able to enjoy the outdoors almost 24-7.

Another reason that my dream job would be a hunting and fishing guide is to help others reach their goals. Helping others reach their goals is a kind of like a moral victory. Watching someone or helping someone real in monster fish or even just helping them shoot their first turkey or deer, either one no matter how advanced someone is or how experienced they are just helping them reach their goals would be a victory. Another example for helping people reaching their goals is watching their reaction or seeing them succeed. When we went out hunting around home and my sister shot her first turkey I almost got as excited as when I shot my first turkey. Watching their reaction is one other thing that helps people reach their goals. The reason I would want to be a hunting or a fishing guide is because you get to see people's reaction and the excitement on their face when they get that fish or shot that deer. And that feeling makes you feel like you helped accomplish their goal.

When you are a hunting and fishing guide things are different everyday. When you are fishing it's not the same everyday. You could be catching walleye on a rock pile one day and the next not get any. Fish and wildlife change everyday due weather and the seasons changing. as a guide i think it would be fun trying to go out and find the fish or wildlife and try to pattern then. you don't have to go to a cubicle or go to a building to clock in somewhere to work, the outdoors would be my office and would be my place to go work. I would have my own hours as a guide deciding when to go out to the lake or woods or how long I would stay out there.

Being a hunting and fishing guide would be my dream job because of my passion for the outdoors, to help others reach their goals, and it's something new everyday. Between the adrenaline rushes of shooting that deer or just having fun catching some fish being a guide would include all that. Being a hunting and fishing guide be the perfect job because I would get to be outdoors, I get to help others and nothing is the same day to day, I will do all these thing till the day I die.