What Is Your Sentence? | Teen Ink

What Is Your Sentence?

What sentence in this entire universe best describes me?

"She is a small girl, with an infinite mind."

One simple three worded question that dawned on me when I became mature enough to think critically for myself is

"Who Am I?"

Well, I am Taline K. But that's not all that I am. It's not that simple. I am more than just a name or a human because that is just the idea. I am something beyond the words we speak and so is everyone else. I am an innovation.

I never really understood the idea of life and I'm not even sure if I have the right idea of life at this point but none of it matters, because to me, I believe that a person should live for the moment. A person should go with their heart and mind, regardless of anything.

My whole life I have always wanted to be different, something that will allow people to recognize me. I always wanted something, even if it was as small as an ant, do distinct me from the rest of the world.

To my mind it was the biggest possibility - to grow and become a legend - but to my size, I was always a very petite girl, as many would say (literally).            

"To infinity and beyond!"

As a kid, I was always into the latest disney movies and I loved each and every one of them for they all give me great inspiration and crazy imagination.

Every single one of these movies had a specific quote or message that was delivered to the children blindly, but there was one that caught my eye almost instantly. The "Toy Story" movie had a specific motto said by buzz lightyear - "To infinity and beyond" and I was filled with wonder by these four words. I idolized the idea of it, but of course not instantly as my brain only had it as a voice over of Buzz lightyear repeating in my head. I understood it as a life with no limits and locked it in my mind. I was a little girl who was just brainwashed by the idea because I disliked being told what to do and I didn't want to have an average life, I wanted a real life - which to me was an extraordinary, imaginary and beautiful life full of wonder and surprise.

The Sky is NOT the limit

The two questions I am posed today are...

1. "Are you better today than you were yesterday?" 
image

I definitely am, I can gladly say. I am better not for all the ordinary reasons, but for my own exceptional reasons. I am a better me than I was yesterday. I know that because yesterday I couldn't even look at a tomato, but today (21/11/15) I ate tabbouleh- an Arab salad of cracked wheat mixed with finely chopped ingredients such as tomatoes, onions, and parsley. This is just a little example of my achievements. I've come a long way, living only about a quarter of my life (inshallah & alhamdulilah) and there is a lot that I've learned. I am not speaking about what I've learnt from books but I am speaking about what I have learned through experience. I am a little flower, growing by day, being watered by the tears of my mistakes and being lit by the smiles of my successes. In just 15 years I cannot even describe the journey that I've walked. The things I've held and the things I've let go.

The one thing that I promised myself to never let go is the gift of imagination.

Back to the question that took me a lifetime to answer...

2. "What is your sentence?"

When I think about this I am clueless. I can't possibly describe myself in just a sentence because I am more than that. I am more than a short, blonde girl. Or an artistic, athletic female. Or an average teenage girl with big dreams. Or a completely indecisive girl who is trying to become independent. I am more than just words. I am and will always be optimistic. I greatly believe in the power of the mind and I believe that the mind can do anything in the universe. I am a girl who will continue to persevere and never destroy a pixel of my imagination for any knowledge. So if there ever is any sentence that could come close to describing me, it would be...

"She is a small girl, with an infinite mind"