My New Best friend | Teen Ink

My New Best friend

By Nerbles GOLD, Ofallon, Missouri
Nerbles GOLD, Ofallon, Missouri

I awoke to my brother screaming down to me to get ready. I scrambled to get dressed and grabbed my wallet. I ran upstair to grab and donut and was rushed out the door. Today was finally the day, I would be able to meet soon to be best friend. A month earlier my parents wanted another dog and couldn't decide what type to get. I always wanted a huskey, they looked amazing and were really cool. My parents said no until I told them I would pay for it. They then discussed it at a later date and determine that if I train it and pay for everything including shots, I could get one, but as it turned out my dad really wanted one too and my brothers and sisters were ok with getting one. I agreed to pay for everything and we searched for a week or so until we meet someone in rolla who was selling a puppy. The puppies looked great, all having their own distinct personality. Finally coming to from that memory. I was in the car for about an hour then I sat there and talked to my brother. He was really excited about the puppy, we talked about it until we finally arrived at the place. It was a small farm. They had all kinds of dogs there from dachshunds to husky to bulldogs. We walked up to the door of the house and knocked. Two people answered the door. They were great people. An older women who loved dogs and a old man who loved them almost the same. We talked about how we wanted a huskey and  They brought out the litter of huskies, but only the females  for my parents don't like the males because my parents thought they would try to be too dominate. They brought out five dogs and we sat there, they all were amazing. They all have different markings which is the color and shape of color of their fur on their head. We talked and couldn't decide on which one, then one walked up to me and laid on my lap and fell asleep. I knew at that moment that's the one I wanted. They gave us the blacket of its brothers and sister and a toy to comfort her and waved goodbye. We left and when we got home we played, but she was always my dog.  she would go to the bathroom then come back to lay on me. She was restless at night and always kept me awake, But she was nice and gentle and always went back to sleep.  She was the most amazing dog and is really caring of its owner. Just remember that friends come in many sizes and shapes and this dog is one of my closest friends.