In What She Wears | Teen Ink

In What She Wears

By nayelyyyy SILVER, WILMINGTON, Delaware
nayelyyyy SILVER, WILMINGTON, Delaware

“Ugh did you see her eyebrows?”

“Why does she wear so much make up?”
“Who is she out to impress its just school?”

Have people ever stopped to think that there is no one in her life. That she is not out to impress a soul out there but hers. Or that maybe what she does to her face is her choice and its something she enjoys doing. To hear people now a days judge a girl by how she looks is so lousy especially when they think she does it for attention.

It is so tiring to see guys shame on a girl for how much make up she wears. They automatically think that she looks  trashy and start telling her that her natural beauty is what is most attractive. Not thinking how incredibly obnoxious that is because first, its not to please anyones eyes. A girl wears make up to feel beautiful for herself. Just like I do, I wake up every morning and do my face the way I please.

I don’t see how especially other girls can call down a girl for trying to do what she feels confident in. What is even sad is that the girls who do are the main ones who don’t know how to put it on. They criticize us  to make themselves feel better for standing out with natural features. Which is very superior for those girls to do, to try and put girls down for feeling beautiful. If anything I feel as if all girls should stand up to anyone who try to tell us what is not acceptable and what is.

Make up to me is not an accessory it’s an art that takes time and patience. Its something that can be so beautiful with skills.  That is why most girls do it, because they love to see their face transform, even if it is with pounds of makeup. It is something they take pride in. When I first started to  do my make up everyday, kids would always come up to me and ask me why I would wear it all the time. It got very irritating after a while, especially because they felt as it it wasn’t okay to do it. As if what I did to myself wasn’t very pretty. As if it affected them in any shape way or form. It is very silly for a person to go out of their way to tell us what they feel most appropriate with.

In conclusion, i feel as if no person should be capable of judging a girl for what she wears. No matter how heavy or light make up she wears you should not have to go up to her and question her for what she does. It is rude and unnecessary. No girl should change in what they feel beautiful in.

Its an opinion of mine in which i truly believe in.