This Was Different | Teen Ink

This Was Different

December 11, 2015
By Anonymous

These tear drops stung as they ran down the side of my face. I pushed you away like it was nothing. But when you walked out of the room you were right. You were the one who takes care of me who looks after me. But I thought you were wrong. I started crying a few minutes after you left the room. I was completely overwhelmed with what I said. "Get out I don't care anymore just get out"! I should've listened to you.
    

I love you so much I'm sorry for what I've done to you in the past. I'm stupid to push you out of my life. I really need you now I don't know what to do. Whether to run or stay and live with someone who actually cares about me and is willing to stay by my side and help me with every big obstacle out there. I thank you for staying by me with my life and I'm sorry I pushed you out of my life. I don't know how you can help me through my toughest times of my life. Yes we help each other. But it's not like that with you. You watch out for me. If someone hurts me you be right there to comfort me and scare them away. When you do that it makes me know why you care about me.  I'm family, I wish I could do the same for you. But I can't, I don't have the self confidence you do.
    

To have a brother like you is great. And I'm just to stupid to find out why you love me as much as you do. I don't know how you can put up with my aragonite personality. I don't have the confidence that you do. I don't have the scare factor you do. You love me like no other person is on this planet. Like someone is trying to hurt me and possibly kill me. You would know what to do you would stand up and tackle the person and beat them to death no matter know it is. I would be afraid and not know what to do unlike you. Having a brother like you is amazing, you take care of me.
  

Everyone needs a person like you, I don’t know what I would do without you. You make everything fun and have a good time with whoever is around you. It was scary not knowing what would happen to us after the moment we fought in my room. We didn’t talk for the next day and I was scared like crazy. Like they say “un amor hermanos nunca puede ser reemplazado”. From this moment on I knew our lives would be different in every way possible.
   

This was way different compared to what we have done in the past. Yeah we would fight at each other and not talk for a few hours. But this one fight, we were hurt for days because of each other. We couldn’t talk to each other and we couldn’t stand looking at each other. We had many good times together but we both knew that it wouldn’t be the same. We loved each other like nothing would get in the way of us but we were now both wrong. From this day on I now know that family can be lost in the blink of an eye.


The author's comments:

Me and my brother got in a huge fight I just decided to write about it.