Five College Applications | Teen Ink

Five College Applications

By 6minor GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
6minor GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the things giving me a chance to see the world. I am the only one in control of my future. Five college applications with hasty deadlines and in depth essays. Five I’m considering out of the thousands. Five horrible processes waiting for me to explode from stress. From my bedroom desk, I sit and ponder how more essays I can write before I collapse, but my dedication prevails and I continue.

Their tedious needs come before mine. They cause me to lose sleep and hole up in my room, but they give me my only chance to explore these cities I already love before knowing. They stress me out, they cramp my hands with exhausting details, and they’re all I can think about so I can get out of eight hour class days sitting in a dreary high school. This is how they 

Let one refuse my acceptance, but I will keep persevering. Persevere, persevere, persevere. and they’ll be worth it in the long run. They persevere.

When I am too sleepy and too stressed to keep persevering, when I am a young adult trying to determine my future and coming up blank, then I remember I am in control of my destiny and apply to 100 more schools. When there is nothing left to do but wait. Five college applications that made me lose sleep for weeks. Five who pushed me to my best. Five who helped me determine the rest of my life.