Dishes Disaster | Teen Ink

Dishes Disaster

By StickBug BRONZE, Sidney, Ohio
StickBug BRONZE, Sidney, Ohio

She snapped back, sharp, like a knife. Her voice throwing dagers at me for not doing the dishes. I didn't know she'd get home early... When I heard the car pull in I ran into the kitchen faster than lightening. It still smelled like the rotting cup of milk I got out of my bedroom eariler. I turned on the water really quick and squirted soap in the sink. I ran intot the living room to check on her progress of getting to the front door, but luckily she was still in the car. I folded up my blanket and turned off the TV. I ran back into the kitchen, I noticed Mom was getting out of the car. The sink was almost over flowing. I stuck my hand straight in the water, I pulled away so fast. It was scorching hot, my hand felt cold because it was so blistering hot. I grabbed a bunch of dishes, including the bowl with cottage cheese residue on it, reminding me of the spoiled milk taste of cottage cheese. Piling them into the sink just as my mom comes through the front door beginning to scold me because I had just started my chores.