My Bestfriend | Teen Ink

My Bestfriend

December 1, 2015
By Anonymous

My Best Friend

One time, i had to switch schools. In summer of 7th grade, i had to move to a new city. I didn't really know that many people, so it was kinda scary. When i went to open house for my new school, I found out that my cousin was in a few of my classes, so it wasn't  going to be as bad as I thought. On the first day of school, i went and sat by myself. More and more people came in, sitting with their friends. But then, one kid came and sat next to me. Then all his friends came over and sat with us. I realized that he lived down the street from me and he rode my bus. We became good friends. We sat together at lunch and found out that we had a lot in common, so we became best friends. After school, i went over to his house. We started to hang out everyday at lunch, class, in the halls, on the bus, and at each other's houses.

But one day, he came to school and he was sad. He told me that he just found out that he’s moving to Florida, which was 4 ½ hours away from where we lived. The day he left, i didn’t get to say bye because i was out of  town. we stopped communicating and we grew apart. i met new friends and we started to hangout a lot and i forgot all about Gaven. About 8 months passed, and i got a phone call by him. He said that he was moving back to his mom’s house which was right down the road. We became best friends again. The principal of our school knew our parents very well, so he put us back in the same classes. We started to hang out everyday again. When summer came, we went to his dad’s house in Florida. We met some people on the beach the first day we got there. That night, we hung out with the people we met and walked on the beach. On the way back home from the beach, we got in a bad car crash and my parents were 8 hours away, so they had to get our lawyer to fly them in his private jet to the hospital i was at.

A few months later, my dad got a new job offer; so we had to move to Atlanta.  I didn’t want to move because i liked where we lived, i had plenty of really good friends, and i liked my school. But we had to move because the job he got offered was better. I knew some people where we moved because i’ve lived there before, but i didn’t like it. I don’t like the school that i have to go to because i miss my old friends.

During the summer of 9th grade, i went to visit gaven and we went to the bahamas on a cruise. It was my first cruise and it was with my bestfriend. It was really fun; the first day we sat sail, we just roamed around the boat to get used to where everything is at. That night, we met some really cool people. We went to the teen room where you play games and things like that. We stayed up all night and walked around the whole boat because we were so excited. When we got to the bahamas, we walked around the first island that we got to and swam a little bit. We found our friends that we saw at the teen room and we rented jet skis and rode around in the crystal clear water. It was really cool because we saw fish and other things in the water that we’ve never seen before. Back on the island, they had iguanas walking around the whole island and it was really cool but also kinda scary because they’d sneak up on you when you were sitting down and they try to take your food. On the way back to Miami, we watched a movie on the pool deck with our friends, it was really cool because we were swimming while watching the movie, and we had waiters that would bring us food to the pool deck so that we wouldn’t have to go to a  restaurant and eat. On the last night, we had a big dinner with the captain and we had to dress really fancy, the food was really good. When we woke up, we were back in miami. The beaches were really nice. They had really big mansions on the beach with yachts on their docks. We didn’t get to stay in miami for that long because we had to get back home so that my parents could pick me up.

I still talk to Gaven every other day, in fact, i went to his house over Thanksgiving break for his birthday party. It was really fun because i got to see all of my old friends. We plan to meet back up on new years to have a new years party. We are only going to invite like 5 really good friends and just have a bonfire and hangout.