Losing My Temper | Teen Ink

Losing My Temper

Everyone has a breaking point. Everyone has had their buttons pushed. Everyone has snapped at least once in their life. Everyone has especially had their lines crossed. It’s never a bad thing at all; It’s completely natural to have an outburst or to lose your temper. It’s good to let off some steam in a way to relieve stress. It normally depends on what you said or did, how bad it was, how loud you were, and what your outburst was about.

I lost my temper when I was eight years old in Elementary School. We were all playing volleyball with a large beach ball in gym and I was on the red team. We were winning and the opposing team was losing. Everything was great until, I didn’t notice the ball come to me, until the score for the opposing team changed to tie my team’s score.

Everyone, minus my friends who were on both sides and in teams, looked to me and started to yell at me in disappointment. Telling me “I should have been to the left”, “I need to quit spacing out”, “Actually try in the game”, other complaints etc. I rarely raise my voice as loud as I did that day. I just screamed to the top of my lungs for everyone to shut up. I told them I wanted them to die. I yelled to them that I would kill them if they yelled at me one more time. And I swore at the teachers there for not saying anything to them for yelling at me like savages. I didn’t care what the consequences were at the time, all I cared about was getting my thoughts off my chest.

When I finished, everyone looked to me in horror and shock. I was small and didn’t think of how know what to do in a situation like that. My reaction was crying as soon as my friends calmed me down after my horrible rant. Hey, they should be glad that I didn’t throw things at them or physically hurt them myself, I was still a tough child. I was never a pushover. I feel relieved for that and that experience made me think of something. Not yell when I lose my temperature, just threaten them to shut up and calmly leave the Gym, because MAN my throat hurt.

I was inspired to write this as a small essay of an event that happened in my life like Marajane Satarpi, and the subject I chose to write about was when I lost my temper;Because it was a moment I'll never forget.