The Day I Felt Fear | Teen Ink

The Day I Felt Fear

One day my cousin and I were at his house when he came up to me and said “do you want to go to target” I answered back saying sure and so we got ready and we walked to target  but before we got to target we went to go get something to eat. As soon as we walked into target my cousin turned around and said “so we are going to steal some things “I answered back saying “no because what if we get caught”. “No we won’t trust me. So I just went along with it anyways.

As soon as we started walking around target I started feeling really weird in my stomach. I felt like I was about throw up on myself. So I and my cousin were walking around the store for about 4-5 minutes when we finally found the snack aisle. “Watch my back as I get some stuff” so I did. So as my cousin started to put things into his pockets, out of nowhere some people walked in the aisle. I was freaking out right then, I didn’t know what to do.  I was pretty sure they knew what was going on.

So as soon as the people started to walk away, we walked away to and we just started walking around the store and looking. As soon as we started walking to the electronic section to look at games we saw the same people we saw in the snack isle. They started looking at me and my cousin when we were looking at games. Then they started walking towards us and they told us that you need to put that stuff back. I and my cousin didn’t even hesitate and we ran to the clothing section of the store. Then I and my cousin hid there until we thought it was safe then we started to walk towards the exit of the store. As soon as we walked out of the store my cousin took all of the candy and stuff out of his pockets and the candy and stuff was all smashed and melted. So we just walked back to my cousin’s house empty handed with no reason to even go there in the first place.

What I learned from this mistake is that nobody should ever steal things it doesn’t help you in anyway. Because what if I got caught what would I do then I wouldn’t know what to do I would be freaking out because I could of got in a lot of trouble it could have gone really horrible.

This piece was a mistake i made when me and my cousin were stealing at taget and i almost got caught and i will never do this mistake again.