This I Believe | Teen Ink

This I Believe

By tthurston BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
tthurston BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri

I believe in loyalty. That there is always good in people. People should be trusted. I believe in promises. The ones that won’t ever be broken. I believe in making mistakes. Even if it means giving second chances. Maybe even third or fourth chances too. I believe in love. The kind that looks past all flaws. I believe in romance. The small meaningful gifts. The Chick-fil-a dates and ordering the same thing every time.

I believe in addiction. An addiction of getting piercings any time I find a new one. I believe in having an attitude and getting my way. Speaking my mind, not thinking about the consequences. I believe in having two completely different personalities. Like being extremely shy at school and around people I don’t know. Then when I’m with my friends, I don’t stop talking. I believe in self medicating. Not the drugs, but the simple things. Dying my hair, listening to my music all alone in my room, shopping until I’m broke, taking long hot showers. The ones that make my fingers and toes look like raisins.

I believe in taking risks. Sometimes as little as taking an extra piece of chocolate cake. Sometimes as big as sharing my feelings, not knowing what the reaction will end up to be. I believe in acceptance. Not just in yourself, but accepting others too.