Choose to be YOU | Teen Ink

Choose to be YOU

By Shaas BRONZE, Udupi, Other
Shaas BRONZE, Udupi, Other

I’m sure that each one of you remembers at least one sunset, one rainfall, one warm hug, one beautiful song, one meaningful smile that makes your heart glow every time you think of it and as you delve further into that memory you feel closer to yourself, you feel solitary bliss and unknowingly you come one step closer to being YOU.

Why is that we don’t feel the same towards each and everything? Why can’t we treat everyone or everything in the same way? Why do we favour certain things over the other? It’s because we are all made up of an infinite source of energy and that is our soul and our soul knows whats best for us. All of us are just another creation of God and we all possess the same body parts but what makes us stand apart from each other is our soul. Hence the various tastes and various choices.

So, if we have ourselves to guide us why do we try to find our answers in someone else? We have been blessed with a source of energy that has infinite potential, that is capable of transforming us into the individuals we want to be. It is our ultimate guide force. We don’t need to validate our existence with someone else’s permission or approval. Stop trying to accommodate other’s desires in your life. Stop walking down the path that others have already paved for themselves. Find out what your soul wants and it’s not difficult to do that. Look inwards and believe in yourself, trust your decisions and actions.

The next time you try something new and if you feel your heart skip a beat, if the world just appears brighter and full of amazing OPPORTUNITIES, if you feel useful and if you feel at home, do not ignore it because it’s your soul’s calling. It’s your inner voice screaming out to you, telling you to take control of your destiny by doing what you love. Listen to it, let the joy be soul filling, look inwards and follow your bliss!

When the energy inside you creates enough turbulence to an extent that you can’t contain it, so much that its spilling out of every fiber of your being, when the mere thought of doing what you love fulfills you, when the desire of being useful soothes every crevice of your being, you should know that you now have a purpose. So what are you waiting for? Go find your purpose and achieve it. Go fulfill your destiny. I know you can and I know you will. Just believe in yourself!

Until then keep creating your infinity.