Trip to Disney World | Teen Ink

Trip to Disney World

By EricaRB SILVER, Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
EricaRB SILVER, Albrightsville, Pennsylvania

When I looked out my window, I realized dreams do come true. My foot touched the ground and I could see a gigantic sign that read, “Welcome to Disney World!” An exhilarated thrill hit me like a bulldozer, and I jumped in excitement. The sun was so bright, I was unsure how you could feel gloomy on that kind of day. I wasn’t sure if it was true or me just feeling ecstatic about being in Florida. My body was craving for the thrill of the rides.
When I spotted the first roller coaster, my hands grew clammy. I loved them, but I always seemed to feel a knot twist in my stomach. It was like I was divided into two fractions. The first half was excited and the second half was nervous. Although, I never let the nerves stop me from riding the ‘Rockin Roller coaster.’

I heard my sister squeal which meant we were up next in line. The children in line were like hungry dogs, waiting their turn to get fed something delicious. I took a small step forward and my heart beated a fast rhythm. The announcer was speaking, but I could not understand. It was like trying to make a word out of spaghettiOs. The mumbling had stopped and I quickly found a seat directly in the middle, sitting next to my anxious sister. I was so excited that I almost forgot to put my seatbelt on, until my sister reminded me. I turned around to take a glance of everyone on the ride. They all looked like the dogs from before, sitting patiently, while the person at the front holds up a big, juicy meat. Soon, I was one of them.

I heard the wheels start to screech and it quickly increased speed. My head thrusted backwards from the great force. My hands were gripped to the handle in front of me so tight, but the clamminess made them slip. Most people were thrilled, but I was worried about throwing up the last two meals I had eaten earlier.

The roller coaster dipped down and hit a pond of water which whacked me in the face and drenched me. The other people were coughing because they had their mouths wide open from screaming. When it started slowing down, I noticed my smile became a frown. I heard everyone yell, “awuh,” in disappointment. All of a sudden, the wheels began to move backwards. The roller coaster gained speed and all the children were screaming again. I imagined them literally screaming their heads off. I could not tell if it was their excitement speaking because of the direction it was moving in. My hair was twirling in the air and it covered my entire face. The roller coaster sent us down a steep drop, making my stomach toss and turn.

After the ride came to an end, I tried to make my way over to my parents, but my shaky legs made it impossible to stand up straight. My sister and I were still smiling because we knew this was only the beginning of the best vacation ever.

“Thanks mom and dad,” I whispered under my breath.