Never Forget | Teen Ink

Never Forget

October 29, 2015
By Detective_J BRONZE, San Diego, California
Detective_J BRONZE, San Diego, California
2 articles 4 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
People have forgotten how to tell a story. Stories don’t have a middle or an end anymore. They usually have a beginning that never stops beginning


When most people will begin this writing prompt with the phrase, “I will never forget the time when...” That Ms. Harkrider recommended we use, I personally feel that my refusal of this term is adequate because the person I will never forget, I also never want to leave. Time is an ever changing factor, whereas the love and need for someone is always present. Each moment, each tear, each kiss, each laugh, each smile, and each envious touch are all precious memories that I will keep for an eternity and will continue to need.

Before this person came into my life, I was lost. I did not believe in love nor even start to comprehend its effect on the human emotions and body. Than I ran into you. Your eyes as cast as the oceans, skin as pure as the driven snow, and hair of a scorching fire that blew gracefully in the wind. My eyes were fixed on this angle as my heart raced faster than a rocket, traveling upwards to the vast unknown, which had yet to be discovered. These abstract thoughts that now flutter within my skull. Each part of her takes me to places I have only seen in my dreams. Through her eyes I sail into their oceans, not knowing when the next time I may see land. But the voyage is worth all the hardships that may come of it.

As I move closer to this marvelous artwork I noticed each painful scar that the chisel left upon her. The more rapid my heart beats as though it wants to break out of the cage it is confined to within my ribs; burst out of it so it may have the pleasure of knowing what her love feels like.

She looks up at me and notices that i have been staring, and so she smiles at me and asks, “What’s your name?” And like most people lost in there thoughts, I managed to mumble out the words, “Good, how are you?”

Even though I refuse to start with, “I will never forget the time when…” I will say out of all the moments that I will never forget, I will never forget when I first saw you.

What I got from this is I just found my purpose. To love this girl endlessly.