Lunar Eclipse | Teen Ink

Lunar Eclipse

By ZeeTrine PLATINUM, DeMotte, Indiana
ZeeTrine PLATINUM, DeMotte, Indiana

"Train your mind, and your body will follow."

She was bald. Her irises covered up the entire surface of her large, almond-shaped eyes. From my dream she looked down over me and let out the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. I was confused to what I should think about my situation. This being, this alien to my thoughts, had made my heart melt. It was not with looks, but rather just the sense she gave off. With that beautiful smile, she was gone.

Shaken by what I had experienced, I decided to walk outside, remembering that it was the night of the “blood moon lunar eclipse”. I sat out in my yard for a good duration of time, waiting for the clouds to move away. I couldn’t shake the feeling, though, that someone was watching me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a vibrant white flash in the sky directly above my house. Upon turning towards it, I saw that the light was darting away from me at a speed completely unfathomable to our technology, and yet it was silent. The feeling of being watched had left, and a warmness filled my heart.

Most people forget that the Earth is but a small projectile in a three-dimensional, almost infinite space with billions upon trillions of stars, each with their own planets and stories. Since this incident, I never saw the Earth as flat, but rather a tiny ball in space. There is no up, down, left, or right. It’s all relative, and after seeing her, I’ve dreamt of a time in the future when we as humanity become unbound from this flat world, and I can see her once more.