The Night of Halloween | Teen Ink

The Night of Halloween

October 22, 2015
By tuneyagirl SILVER, Newark, Delaware
tuneyagirl SILVER, Newark, Delaware
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

LWitches on broomsticks, pumpkins, spider webs, children running door to door dressed up in costumes, and a lot of candy. This is the month of October, on the thirty first. Also known as every ones favorite holiday. People got their houses decorated, with their lights on waiting for some trick or treaters.


The real theme of Halloween came from the Ancient pre-Christian Celtic Festival of Samhain. People and their family celebrate Halloween every year, but there are some families who don’t believe nor celebrate, because they believe it’s an evil spirit. Maybe that say that because people dress up in scary costumes.


There are folks who go all out on this event, Such as the ones who have haunted houses in their driveways or garages. Fright land have Halloween events around October that a lot of people attend. Some go out and pick pumpkins for the pumpkin patches. Then they take them home, carve them into faces, and then light candles in side of the pumpkins.


I see Halloween as people going out and collecting candy from strangers. Me personally I don’t go out for Halloween anymore, because I got older and realized how cold it gets out. I also ran out of costumes to wear. Going to other neighborhoods might be fun and different and scarier.


You can judge the holiday anyway you want. Some see it as having fun, others see it as being evil. I believe if you think it’s an evil spirit you should make it fun by dressing up funny or in some nice costumes. Than you can go out and have fun with your friends or family.