I Believe in Young Love | Teen Ink

I Believe in Young Love

By kaylacampbell SILVER, Mt.Sterling, Kentucky
kaylacampbell SILVER, Mt.Sterling, Kentucky

"We accept the love we think we deserve" - Stephen Chomsky

Writing comes to me when I am uncertain on how I am feeling, most      of the time i'm not in the best mood I could be in, i'm always upset or frantic at something, or someone. So i'll just grab my notebook and a pencil and write about him.

I believe in Young Love.
I am young, but i'm convinced that I have found that one. the one person who I can honestly say that I do love. i've never felt this way about anyone. They say you're young, you don't know what love really is. maybe so, maybe you know exactly how I feel, but that isn't possible, you would have to be in my physical being to understand this love. This love is so much more than the word itself.  i don't know how “adults” define love, but i can't look at him without smiling. i can't listen to any song or watch any movie without thinking of him. i can't close my eyes without seeing him, every time i cry i end up thinking of him,and how i never want to lose him, and somehow every breath i breathe is for him, everything leads right back to him, and if this isn't love, i don't know what is. The definition of love for me is him.“The heart that loves is always young,” To me this is saying that you're young when you have that first any kind of love even if it is of your favorite toy, or grandma's cookies after school. It's still love and you are still young.

I believe that not all love is the same.
You don't love someone the way you love a new puppy, and you don't love that puppy the way you love your favorite bowl of ice cream, and I don't love him the way I love anyone else, it's not that i don't love anyone else it's just that i can't love anyone else the way i love him. this is a special kind of love, special as in no one else will ever get  how much he really means to me. no words can explain it, no matter how hard i try. He is everything to me, He was that first warm sincere hug, he was that first soft, sweet kiss, He was that first person whose hand fit perfectly with mine. he was that first look that gave me that never ending smile, and he was that first and last I mean it, I love you. He was all these things and i remember them all like they were yesterday. We had know each other for almost two years, it took him months to ask me to be his, before he did beside the bright red lockers no one uses his arms are waiting for me to fall into, beside the art room doorway we waited around for a few minutes, i could feel the mood changed as he touched my face and his sweet lips were on mine, and he was late to class on the last day of school. As we walked side by side in the hallway, it is filled with familiar faces as a hand went to hold mine, but i jerked away laughing not knowing and smiled. and everytime i look at this beautiful individual, it's like the first time i seen him and realized i loved him

I believe in Love.
I think that it's cute seeing the elderly couples together because one day i want that to be us, to just grow old together and just simply be in love for as long as we can be. that passion, affection,fondness, devotion, and appreciation, for that one person, that you want to be with forever. That one person who can tell you you're beautiful and you believe them. that one person who can make you smile for no reason. that one person that gives you a thousand feelings. that one person who makes you laugh at all their stupid jokes. that one person who simply makes you happy. that one person who tells you they love you and they mean it, because they do all those things that one person is supposed to do because they love you, and I love him, Because he is my one person. my one and only one. he's the only one I want, the only one I need.

My relationship with my boyfriend is what inspired me. Everything about him is perfect and he is really all I can ever find the words to wright about. 

Rynn750 SILVER said...
on Oct. 4 2015 at 7:59 pm
Rynn750 SILVER, Somewhere, Wisconsin

"A cynical young person is almost the saddest sight to see, because it means that he or she has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing." - Maya Angelou

Your story was me. Almost exactly the same. We met in high school and dated two years later. Then he graduated and now he's in college and I'm a senior so we're not together anymore. It's sad.