Chaotic Morning | Teen Ink

Chaotic Morning

September 24, 2015
By YamiTenshi GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
YamiTenshi GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
11 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
A story writes itself, you just start it.


I just knew today was going to be absolutely horrible because I have school. I’m a senior and I’m dreading school. Ever since day one I’m not having the most dazzling year. Either way I’m forced to just swallow my fury at these people and try to get through yet another year unscathed. I got ready by dressing up more than usual; yes I even put on heels and eyeliner for the occasion. Today was the day I was going to give a good friend of mine a few gifts for taking me out to dinner. I owe her big for that one, since nobody really hangs out with me at all.

Anyway her gifts consisted of makeup with a brightly colored striped bag and iced tea lemonade combo. I knew within my heart she’ll love it, but I have to get to school. My departure from my family was quick and I walked out the door to get to my car. The engine started up and I picked some Japanese tunes to play, and I went into reverse. I have to do a three point turn just to get out of my driveway. On step three though, turning the wheel to make a right turn, I heard a horrible scraping from the trunk.

“Oh no,” I whispered to myself.  “Please DO NOT tell me that I hit the neighbor’s car.  Whatever I need to get to school.”

Slightly ticked off I sped off in order to get to my school. Five minutes on my route I realized a horrible fact; I left the gifts for my friend at home. My rage was slowly building up as I called my home.

“Hello?” my mother asked in a slightly concerned tone.

“I left the gifts at home…,” I sighed in a slightly panicked reply.

“Oh…” she paused.  “Well why don’t you come back home and get them?  It’ll be okay.”

I reluctantly agreed and made a U turn. Once I got back home I got the gifts and left yet again, and this time I didn’t scrape the neighbors car. Alright take two, things were going well and I decided to pull into Royal Farms for breakfast. It’s a shame I didn’t feel too well again so I just got some ginger ale and left promptly. 

“Great...I’m behind schedule. I need to go to the bank too,” I sighed as I glared at the clock, as I almost bumped into a giant red pick up truck. 

“Who would own such a-?!”

I started to say but then I looked at the liscense plate on the back of the behemoth to see it was owned by one of the Bravest, that’s right! I almost hit a truck owned by a fire fighter. The stress was getting to me as I avoided damaged to the truck as I drove off to the bank that isn’t too far away, to miss one of the turns to get to the bank.

Nearly cursing myself under my breath, I thanked God when there was an alternative way to get to the bank. I wanted to deposit my cash, and the parking lot was empty. Sounds simple right? Well with my putrid luck I bumped into the poles designed to keep the ATM’s safe.

“I swear I’m going to lose it today,” I sighed as I rubbed my throbbing forehead from lack of food.

“No!  No I’m just going to be nice and calm.”

I made a quick transaction and deposited cash, now to leave the empty parking lot.  I went into reverse, so far so good. I couldn’t find the way past the teller but that’s okay I’ll just drive through it, nobody said I had to stop there. This is no big deal, right? No! My luck just decided to give me one more annoying thing to weigh on my heart. I ran on a huge bump, a bump that jolted my car.

“Oh no!  I broke my axel! My dad is going to kill me!” I panicked but kept driving smoothly.

“And my ginger ale is on the ground. Fantastic!”

I sighed and went to school without crashing or anything. Once I parked in the lot, I decided to check for damage to my car. Miraculously, there wasn’t a huge ding in my car.

“I just know...I know that my day is going to be cruddy,” I sighed and decided to get my day over with.