Flaws | Teen Ink

Flaws

September 9, 2015
By Anonymous

Why do people judge us? Why do people constantly point out our flaws? Do they not realize that they have flaws, too? I get bullied every day because of the way I look and because of my skin color. I am biracial. If you were to cut me and then cut yourself, we would both bleed red. I'm no different then you. I'm human. I make mistakes and so do you. When you judge someone because of the way they look, the way they dress, the color of their skin, or because they aren't as smart as you, you're lowering their self esteem.  Try to last a day in my world and see if you can go a whole day without getting upset. The bullying and judging never ends. No matter how hard I try to ignore it, I can't. It only makes it worse. The hurtful things this person says to me won't go away. I can't seem to get  away from it. Maybe one day it will stop. Maybe one day this person will stop and think: "I shouldn't be doing this. I might actually be hurting her feelings." Maybe one day this person will stop judging me and treating me like I'm a piece of dirt, and actually try to get to know me instead of jumping to conclusions. 


The author's comments:

This is about a person at school who constantly judgs me and bullies me because of the way I look and the color of my skin.