The Most Important Dance of My Life: Music and Memory | Teen Ink

The Most Important Dance of My Life: Music and Memory

August 30, 2015
By LadyAthenaFae SILVER, Holdenville, Oklahoma
LadyAthenaFae SILVER, Holdenville, Oklahoma
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The smell of Nautica floats through the air as I bend down and press play on the small black stereo we brought with us. Frank Sinatra:Take Me to the Moon floats through the air. My hips sway as the long black dress I am wearing swishes around my ankles. I twirl and land in your arms my back against your stomach and you spin me around to face you swaying with me barefoot in the living room of the guest house we are staying at for our honeymoon. I kiss you and breathe deeply, inhaling your amazing aroma. I reach up, slightly going on my tiptoes, and gently brush my lips against your neck. I Slide back on my feet and lay my head on your chest with my eyes closed and a small grin on my face, this is bliss. I am so lucky to get to spend the rest of my life with you. I waited so long for this day and now that it is finally here, I am overfilled with joy. We spend all day in bed, not sleeping, not making love, but simply holding one another. This is all I ever wanted, happiness.

  
 


The author's comments:

This was an experience I had on my honeymoon dancing with my husband.