Happiness | Teen Ink

Happiness

By EmmyS SILVER, Rockville, Maryland
EmmyS SILVER, Rockville, Maryland

Childhood happiness is something I miss but will never come back. Playing tag with my dad, who let me win just to make me happy. That's something we lose when we grow older- other people thinking of your feelings first and foremost. When we're young and adorable, the act of crying and laughing were cooed over, people fussing over you all the time. Now that I'm older, I know no one will approach you and make it their priority to make you happy. I was watching my neighbor playing with his little daughter the other day, and she was laughing the way only children can. The sound permeates the air and fills everyone around them with joy. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that age of sunshine and love, pure and peaceful. But life is never that way. We press forward, and feel grateful to what we left behind. We look back on memories and smile because we had the opportunity to have those experiences. Then, we delve into the future.That’s the brilliance of human nature. We don’t know what the next day holds for us, but we forge ahead anyways.