Good Things Happen to Those Who Wait | Teen Ink

Good Things Happen to Those Who Wait

By Keya_Richardson GOLD, Medford, Oklahoma
Keya_Richardson GOLD, Medford, Oklahoma

"The Only Place Your Dreams Become Impossible, Is Your Thinking"

I recently went to a interview for 2K15 miss teen oklahoma in OKC, where i sat for maybe two hours before leaving to go home( keep in mind the drive there was almost two hours seeing as i live in Medford). After the long process of sitting there and being interviewed for something I had no clue what I was about to start doing I started to enjoy it and relax. I went to the interview part and after five questions i was allowed to leave.I thought tomyself" i drove two houses just for five questions?!" Turns out, that drive and five questions later was worth it, i made it out of maybe 100 girls or more. I being in the "punk" labels I was scared I would not make it pass the first round of the interview, but I did! A week and a half later i recieved a email, and a phone call letting me know i made it into the compitition. The 23rd of this month is the first compition and I am extreamly excited for this new challege. I leave for the USMC in a year or so and this just adds to everything I can say i've done. Good things come to those who wait. I have had horrible luck these past years, but this looks to be as my turning point.