I Am Strong | Teen Ink

I Am Strong

By Caz1355 SILVER, Dena, Other
Caz1355 SILVER, Dena, Other

I am strong. I have faced the wind and not let it blow me over. I have faced the sun and not let it burn me. I have faced the rain and not let it drown me.

Yet I still feel like im drowning in a endless pit where no ones there to hear you scream. If I went to the doctors they would probably call it depression. That seems to be the way now a days. People confuse emotion with disease. The difference? Emotion can't be removed by using a pain killer or medicine. Its a constant dagger, stabbing you every time you move. Emotion is inside your head , your heart , your soul. 

I guess thats why people don't stay in this life anymore , suicide rates rise everyday and people become depressed every minute. No one has a perfect life, but some have better than others.

I guess I can't remember ever being truly happy. How could I be when my family seems to be falling apart around me. Cancer doesnt just penetrate the victim but the family too. Mum cries almost everyday now shes so stressed and I always get blamed even if I don't mean to do anything bad, I can still never do it right. Dads too stressed to do anything and my brother just sinks deeper into a state of depression everyday. I refuse to drown or to be sucked under the current. I will keep my family happy and I will keep everyone together even if it kills me. 

I may cry, I may struggle, I may find  it hard to breathe but I carry on fighting. For those I love and for my own sake.

I am strong. I have faced the wind and not let it blow me over. I have faced the sun and not let it burn me. I have faced the rain and not let it drown me. I am facing Cancer and I will not let it destroy me.

Cancer story, the truth of heartbreak