Let Me Tell YOU About "The Real World." | Teen Ink

Let Me Tell YOU About "The Real World."

By becauseimlauren BRONZE, Richardson, Texas
becauseimlauren BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

"I used to think worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone." -Robin Williams

Please Sir, do tell us about setting ‘realistic’ goals that we’re bound to achieve. Please stand there and infect our creative minds with the fears and obstacles in our dreams that we’ve been trying so hard to overcome. Please, and while you’re at it, do mention how ‘young,’ ‘unexperienced,’  and ‘naive’ we are, stripping us of everything our hero(s) and/or idol(s) have taught us about disregarding age defiance. Oh, and please, oh wise and educated one, don’t forget to add the fact that there are ‘other jobs’ in the industry that are ‘not as competitive,’  therefore giving us the mindset to ‘settle for what we can get,’ not risking breaking away from our comfort zone, and actually making something of ourselves. Thank you, once again, for reminding us of what might happen if we don’t go to school for 4 years just to graduate and sit at another desk, obeying another dress code, answering phone calls, looking at more paper until our hair falls out, and we’re lying on our death bed with the accomplishment of successfully filing 324 tax returns. Wow! What a life! 

Thank you to the person who gave my fellow classmates and I a speech about "the real world." It was in the middle of seeing 27 eyes roll that I was inspired to write this.