Stairs to the Light | Teen Ink

Stairs to the Light

By Rea-chan PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas
Rea-chan PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas

"I'm going to be my own kind of princess."
-Usagi Tsukino

I remeber last school year. There was this two week long period where the world seemed to hate me. My grandfather had died, I was bullied, a girl called me a not so nice word and my "friends" didn't care, one of my projects were stolen, and my math notebook was scribbled on.

At this point, I realized the lowest point of my life. Everything seemed cloaked in everlasting darkness. Until, a freinds showed me the satirs to get back to the light.

I won't revel her name, but let's call her Ally. Ally was also in this darkness. Why isn't my place nor my story to tell. She told me not to care what they said, that things would get better, and that people did care. Ally said she cared.

My luck at school turned aroudn when we were performing for the school on the day of the dance. It was ou choir concert and only me and a few others could sing well, I also had a solo. Afterwords people said I sang beautifully and that my solo was amazing. People evne wished me happy early birthday as my birthday was the next day.

So, I'm still climbing up the stairs. I'm not sure when I'll recah the top. Someday, I know the darkness will cease. Things can only get brighter.