Teen Moms: Not So Bad | Teen Ink

Teen Moms: Not So Bad

By Ejsmommy BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
Ejsmommy BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Throughout my life I have seen many young moms being judge and talked down to. They were called sluts and "easy but never in my life did I think I would become that girl. After four years of knowing my boyfriend we got pregnant and by suprise he decided the baby and I didnt fit into his life anymore. Leaving me alone to care for a baby left me and scared and nervous but also incredibly overjoyed.

With my mom disapproving of the whole thing, I packed my bags and moved two hours away to live with my dad. I left behind everything; my friends, my family and my now boyfriend. By October, i decided it was time to finally tell everyone so i posted on my social medias and had a lot of different reactions. Family was disappointed and some friends left but I had a handful stay around. One of which was my best friend who eventually turned into the loving boyfriend I have now.

Throughout the next couple of months, my stomach grew and so did my love for this child I had never met before. But on April 17, 2015 at 8:03 pm, my water broke and i was finally going to meet him.

17 hours of vigorous labor, pain meds and two doses of epidural on April 18, 2015 at 12:54 pm Emerson James was brought into this world. At that moment my life changed forever. Not only did i have to worry about my life but i also had to make sure i was the best mother i could be. The love in everyones' eyes was known when they looked at him. He was a quiet and adorable little boy and at almost two months old he still is.

I may have had my son at 19 and i may be clueless about certain things at times but i get to grow and watch my baby grow with me. He has brought so much joy into my life and i wouldn't change a single thing. Being a teen mom may be hard but that just means many more joyful and playful years with my little boy.