A Piece of Me | Teen Ink

A Piece of Me

June 4, 2015
By BIueTay BRONZE, Indio, California
BIueTay BRONZE, Indio, California
4 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop dreaming.
-Tom Hiddleston


Thinking like a normal person is something I can’t do. Besides the fact that I am not a normal person may have something to do with it. People question who I am or why I do what I do, but honestly if I didn’t I think the world would go into mass chaos. Now I’m not one to judge, but watching people and their decision making. People like me get stared at. I don’t mind it that much but sometimes it gets to me. Some people believe in me, that I can accomplish my dreams. My dreams are big, they are almost out of my reach. I feel like a little child for believing in my dream. I want to be a famous musician. I want to perform in a stadium, with thousands of people, whose lives I’ve changed with my music. I want to hear, you are my hero from those who are younger. Is that wrong? I know I don’t seem like that kind of person but I am. I don’t like to show people my real self because then I will feel vulnerable. The people who I used to look up to were tough and never showed their feelings. When they did it was usually at a romantic moment or with someone they trusted like their best friend. I was like that, but then I met real people. I learned that you can express your feelings. That it’s okay. My dream still seems out of reach. I am doing everything in my power to make it a reality. I don’t want to do that alone, I’ve been trying to get a band together but it hasn’t really been working out. I’ve had five people ask to be my drummers but no one wants to be a guitarist or a bassist and it sucks. My guitar instructor and friend, Justin Kunz, told me that once you find a bassist the rest of the band comes together. I want it to become a reality but so far it’s not. This is something I want so bad that I am willing to do anything I can.


The author's comments:

I was feeling down one day after school. I went to my guitar lesson as usual. Me and my instructor were talking about opinions. He told me that my opinions matter and that my voice matters. I didn't tell anyone about my dream of being a famous musician and after he told me that. I wasn't scared to anymore.