Two Aged Horses | Teen Ink

Two Aged Horses

May 19, 2015
By Mia203 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Mia203 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

     They are the only ones who stand together, I am one of many who cherishes them. Two aged horses with stiff old bodies and tired old souls. Two who nurture each other here and love here. Two tired bodies standing in the field. From the fence, I watch them, and learn from their love I appreciate these things.
     Their partnership is legendary. They send bursts of affection through their bodies. They grow old and they grow frail and walk the fields with little space between their sides and share their wisdom and never quit their growing old. This is how they keep.
     Let one’s life end early, the other would surely melt like ice cream on a summer day, each with hearts separated. Tap, tap, tap her nose touches his. She mourns.
     When I am too sad and too tired to keep keeping, when I am petite and frail with so many things against me, I think about their love. When there is nothing left for me to smile for. Two who grew together despite age. Two who loved and did not forget to love. Two whose only reason to be and be.