everything happens for a reason | Teen Ink

everything happens for a reason

By jennii.xoxo BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
jennii.xoxo BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

The summer of 2014 was a big change maker. Almost losing a loved one in a blink of an eye. As a little kid you would think that shouldn’t happen. The night my family and I were together I went to bed early thinking everyone would go home soon.
But in the middle of the night I woke up to my brother screaming “Dad wake up, Dad wake up!”
As soon as I heard that I jumped out of bed. I ran down the hall to my dad’s room but before I could get in my cousin stopped me and was holding me back. I stopped trying to fighting through and sat outside the room with my youngest cousin.
I could hear my mom screaming to my brother, “Call 911! He’s not breathing!”
When I heard that I stormed into the room. I saw my mom on the phone and my brother was trying to revive my dad. I started crying thinking that my dad wasn’t going to come back. Suddenly, my dad started breathing again, and I felt relieved. I went outside with the rest of my family while we saw the paramedics go inside with my mom. Never did I ever think that I would lose my dad before I even got to thank him for everything he had given me.
  A few minutes later the paramedics came outside with my dad and rushed him into the ambulance. I went with my mom to the hospital; when we got there I ran to the room my dad was in. I went to the side of the bed and my dad opened his eyes and looked at me. I could see the terror in his eyes while he was crying.
I hugged him and said, “I never want to lose you.”
My mom walked in and told me that my brother going to take me home. When I got home I fell asleep, and the next day I woke up and I saw my dad sitting next to me, I got up and hugged him.
He whispered to me “You’re not going to lose me.