High School Experience | Teen Ink

High School Experience

May 11, 2015
By ErnestoV96 SILVER, Pasco, Washington
ErnestoV96 SILVER, Pasco, Washington
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Time fly’s by when you’re in high school.  Four years of school and every single one has gone by fast.  From stepping into high school my first time freshman year, to being a senior and almost out of high school.  People always told me that high school may be the fastest time of my life, so therefore I should enjoy it while it lasts, and also to try my hardest.  I didn’t believe it though, I thought about being in school for four years, and it seemed as if would be a lifetime and it would take forever, but I was wrong.
I wish I would have listened to my parents, teachers, and friends and had actually done well in school, finished my work and got good grades.  Instead I would go mess around with friends, have fun, such as me and my friends throwing erasers at each other, pulling pranks on each other instead of focusing on my work and getting all my assignments turned in on time. I would rarely do my homework, I’d do my work to have a C and I’d be satisfied with that.  During soccer season I would try to maintain a 2.0 gpa because that is what was needed in order to be eligible to play in soccer games.
Freshman year was a great year for me, due to the fact that that’s the year we were Washington State Champions in soccer, which had to be one of the best feelings ever.  After soccer season was over that year my grades started dropping because I didn’t play any other sport, therefore I didn’t have to worry about whether I’d be eligible to play or not.  I was lazy whenever it came to doing school work, I’d get home from school and wouldn’t even look at my homework, and instead I would play FIFA or go out and hang out with friends or go to the soccer field.
Sophomore year I was worried about passing all the required state tests because I didn’t want to fail them, if I failed them then I’d have to take them all over again.  I ended up passing all of them easily except for the biology End Of Course Exam which I ended up failing by two points.  I was pretty upset that I had failed the biology EOC.  But other than that my sophomore year went by pretty good because I had at least passed all of my classes and was still on track with my credits.  This year was also the worst for soccer season, because we only made it to State Playoffs.
Junior year was the year I actually failed a class for the first time, I failed chemistry, and because of this I  had to attend zero period the following semester in order to make up for that credit.  I had also retaken the biology EOC this year and I ended up passing it this time, and I was happy about that. Soccer season was also fun because I was team captain and we ended up getting 4th place in State.
Senior year was a big change for me because I was going to Prescott for the beginning of the year, and then I ended up moving to Chiawana. I was at Prescott for the beginning of the school year, and I played soccer there, it was a great year for soccer but also a bad one.  It was bad because I injured my hamstring and missed half of the season, and it was good because we made it all the way to the State Championship game and got 2nd place.  I maintained pretty good grades at Prescott, then I moved to Chiawana and had to make new friends which I am not good at because I am a quiet person.
I had already known a couple of people from Chiawana, but still didn’t know a lot of people.  I would miss a lot of school to go and watch the Champions League or else I’d just stay home.  My grades dropped to the worst they’ve ever been.  I regret missing a lot of school because now I’m struggling to get caught up on all the assignments that I’ve missed. I realized that there needed to be a change because my grades started dropping to the worst they’ve ever been. I’m rushing to get all of my assignments done and getting them turned in to be able to have passing grades and graduate.  I’m turning in old assignments that were due a long time ago, and I’m also trying to keep up with my current assignments.
I hope that I am able to manage and get all my assignments done and turned in by the time graduation gets here, so that I could make my parents proud.  I also hope I pass all my classes and graduate on time so that I won’t have to make them up during summer school. I will pass all my classes by working hard from now until school is out and catch up on all my work.  I need to finish my last school year off strong.