Six Colorful Leaves | Teen Ink

Six Colorful Leaves

By Bailey1998 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Bailey1998 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who brighten me. I am the only one who frightens them. Six colorful leaves with bright spines and pointed tips on their ends. Six who lay on my front doorstep waiting patiently. Six dedicated trees holding on tightly to its leaves. From my room, I can see them, but nobody moves a muscle.

Their youth is unnoticed. They send bright colors to other body parts. They grow up and they float down and grab the earth between their filthy spines and grasp the ground and never quit their tight grip. This is how they shine.
Let one forget his reason for being, they’d all fall slowly like a rock sinking in a river, each landing safely to the ground. Crunch, crunch, crunch they say when I lay to sleep. They inspire.

When I am too depressed and too quiet to be cheerful, when I am against the bland world, this is when I see the leaves. When there is nothing left to look forward too. Six who crunch without landing safely. Six who float down and don’t forget to grow up. Six whose only reason is to be creative and brighten my day.