200,000 Tiny Turtles | Teen Ink

200,000 Tiny Turtles

By outdoor SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
outdoor SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

“They are the only ones who are independent from the time the egg is laid. I am the only one understand and can related to them.”  “200,000 tiny turtles with determine in their eyes and fear everywhere else.” “200,000 who do not last long but try their hardest.”  “200,000 tiny turtles making a journey who few will survive.” “Near the beaches are houses with people watch ready to help if necessary, but other just sleep and does not care about tiny turtles struggles, just want the beach all to their selves again.”

Their strength is a secret. They send worry to the caring people and food to the critter who await them both day and night and never quitting their journey. This is how nature is, yes it can be cruel both man and animal.
They never forget why they were born and what they must do, they all hurry to the water as fast as their tiny flippers will let them, each one worrying about themselves. Keep keep keep say “just make to the water and maybe i’ll survive the night.”

I am too tiny and too vulnerable to do this on my own, Why am I so tiny among so many bigger critter, then it is I who looks at you. When there is nothing else to look at on this beach. 200,000 who hope they will make it off the beach and into the water. 200,000 who reach the water and don’t forget about their brothers and sisters they barely know. 200,000 whose only reason is to survive and survive their journey from baby to adult.