No, You Don't | Teen Ink

No, You Don't

May 11, 2015
By kjspink3 GOLD, Idyllwild,
kjspink3 GOLD, Idyllwild,
17 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see" - Mark Twain


Screw you! It is your fault I feel like no one is capable of falling in love with me and staying in love with me. It is your fault I will be cautious every time I am considering liking a new guy. What if I can't get him to stay in love with me? What if he doesn't turn out to be who I think he is? What if he gives up on our love far too early? Just like you. What if he ends up to be just like you?
It wasn't you that launched my breakdown today. That doesn't make it any less of your fault. It is your fault I am crying right now. It is your fault I feel unwanted, unworthy, and not good enough. You are still hurting me just as much as the day you told me your love faded and you didn't want to even attempt to fix us.
I am not hurting because the guy I had a tiny crush on won't return those feelings, I'm hurting because that text reopened the scar you carved into my heart. The scar you carved into my heart so deeply it won’t heal. The scar you carved to my heart reopens every time I hear your name. One stitch is ripped from the wound every time I listen to music because you are in every song. Another is torn off in harmless conversations I have with people who actually love me because my mind still races back to you. One stitch is ripped from my scar with every thought of you and you are everywhere. The stitches on my heart are ripped off one by one until there is no longer anything to hold me together, until I break down again.
Of course I remember everything. Even though it feels more like a nightmare I would rather forget. I remember how gullible I was. I remember the arguments. I remember you pushing me away. I remember springing back to mend your wounds. I remember how full-of-love your kisses were. I remember every kiss on the cheek, every time you got lost in my face, every time you told me I was perfect, every time you said you would never be the one to end us.
Every time you said, "I love you more."

No.
You don't.


The author's comments:

I don't wish I didn't remember him now. I'm glad he came into my life and I'm glad he didn't stay. I got through it, you can too.