A TRUE TREASURE | Teen Ink

A TRUE TREASURE

By thunderbolt BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
thunderbolt BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

A true treasure isn't always a material item.  To me it is when I belong to a group of people that accept me for who I am. For this reason I believe the Village of Hartland in Wisconsin is my treasure of Waukesha County. Hartland is a place where I feel comfortable, confident, and courageous! Hartland is a small Village with a huge heart. There are parks, local businesses, and most of all accepting people.
  Two years ago my family decide to move to Hartland and my first reaction was that it would suck. I didn’t want to be the new kid on the block. I remember my mom saying that everything in town is close so I could ride my bike or skateboard. When we first arrived my parents took our family on a tour around town just so we knew where everything was. There were friendly people jogging everywhere. People were walking their dogs in the park, children playing on the playground, and parents walking around the small pond where people fished and caught crayfish.
My favorite part about Hartland is that I finally found a place where I belong. One Sunday I saw folks from around town playing Frisbee in the park. However, it was a different game that I have never seen before. I was curious and  asked if , “I could play”  and they said,” yes”and from that day on, I felt accepted. This is why Hartland is A TRUE TREASURE!!!!