Waukesha County Treasure | Teen Ink

Waukesha County Treasure

By schwarzenbacher SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
schwarzenbacher SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

There are many treasures in Waukesha County, including the dozens of lakes, the parks and the astonishing people. My favorite treasure would definitely be Beaver Lake. Every Winter my dad, uncle, and I go to the most beautiful lake in Waukesha County to ice fish, which is none other than Beaver Lake. I have made countless memories on that lake as well as provide meals for my family.

Beaver Lake is a home away from home. I have spent many days and nights looking into the clear as day water, dreaming of catching just one more fish.  Everything about the lake is ideal. There is plenty of habitat for the monster bass and schools of perch, while the water is crystal clear. There is not a huge boat launch for ski boats so you do not have to worry about being runoff the lake, yet you can fit your small jon boats and kayaks in easily.

I have never left Beaver Lake empty handed. no matter how bad the weather is or what time you are fishing, it is a guarantee that you will leave with a meal of fish. I remember going out as a small child while my uncle was teaching me how to bait a hook or drill a hole in the ice. These are the reasons why Beaver Lake is a treasure to Waukesha County and will always be full of memories for me and my family.