Holy Hill | Teen Ink

Holy Hill

By Corbin1997 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Corbin1997 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

This hill is like no other. It sits in Hartford, Wisconsin. And it was completed in 1931. It stands 1,350 feet above sea level. You can see it miles away, tucked in between the most beautiful trees you will ever see. It has a rich history, from its trails  to its chapel. Religious and non-religious equally enjoy this treasured place. Visitors, no matter their religion, go inside to the top of the church and overlook the acres of beautiful fall trees.

At Holy Hill, you can enjoy trails, sanctuaries, and an historic plaque on the outskirts of the church. People come from all over the state to see the masterpiece and also what mother nature did around the church with the beautiful trees. In fact, people don’t only come from around the country--they also come from other countries just to see Holy Hill and come to mass.

The first time I was at Holy Hill, I was speechless from the architecture of the church. Then I went up to the top and overlooked Waukesha--and this true Waukesha County treasure made me happy. 

But this place is not just a hill or a church, but rather, a place where people come for mass, the history, and the view of Waukesha. Visitors might not be religious, or they may just want to look the view or maybe they just want to admire the craftsmanship of the church. Either way, if you’re in the area, make a stop at Holy Hill--it is a true Waukesha County treasure.