Treasure | Teen Ink

Treasure

By jtperet SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
jtperet SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

The small structure right off of Highway 16 and County Road C is known as the Picnic Basket, open from 8 to 8. This place has been filling bellies since 1987 with only the freshest of ingredients. This marvelous building praised by many around the area for its one of a kind sub sandwiches.

Although the subs are known to change lives, they are not the only thing that can be ordered. The Picnic Basket serves everything from salads and pizzas, to wraps, and my personal favorite, the quesadillas.

As you taste these succulent items, you know the quality cannot be faked. The bread is baked every day, the meats are hand carved, the cheese is purchased from a local dairy, and the vegetables are grown fresh in their own garden.

The Picnic Basket is more than just a restaurant. This place is special.  This piece of architecture has been home for events, business meetings, lunches with grandparents, and even hanging with your closest friends.

When I get off of Highway 16 onto County Road C, my heart races and my stomach growls because I know when I take a left, greatness is only 500 feet away.