My Treasure | Teen Ink

My Treasure

By Haley22 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Haley22 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Imagine a calm, beautiful view filled with laughter, excitement, and adventure.  Imagine waves crashing the shore and loud laughs echoing the perimeter.  Imagine the sounds of boats hitting each wave and the sounds of kids screaming in thrill on fast inner tubes.

I look back at all my childhood memories and think of all the times I’ve spent on the lake.  I lived on Nagawicka Lake for my whole life.  Nagawicka Lake isn’t just a 981 acre body of water--it was my childhood, and my treasure.

But Nagawicka Lake isn’t just my treasure, it’s everyones treasure.  It makes visitors feel at home and at ease.  The lake is where everyone can come together and bond, with friends and family.

Nagawicka holds treasure of happiness, excitement, and adventure.  It’s where everyone comes together and shares new memories and experiences; it’s where I gained memories I will never forget.

The lake is like drinking water-you need it to stay energized and upbeat.  I remember how I would always cry when my dad headed back into our channel, that’s when I knew we were done for the day on the lake. 

Nagawicka Lake in Hartland, Wisconsin, contains more treasure than a bucket of gold.  A lake isn’t where people go just to have fun, it’s where you bond friendships that’ll last a lifetime, memories that will stay with you forever, and where you can forget all your worries.  Nagawicka Lake may not be your treasure but it stays mine forever.