Beaver Lake | Teen Ink

Beaver Lake

By Jess5 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Jess5 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin

Glimmering in the sunlight, smooth waves roll across the sandbar. It’s a place to swim, a place to fish, and a place to relax. A vibrant blue color spreads over 313 acres. It is a lake so clear – one can practically see to the bottom. Beaver Lake is home to many, such as the Quadracci and Metavia families. As a worker at Chenequa Country Club, I get to look over Beaver Lake on a near-daily basis.

Canoes skim the top of Beaver Lake. Children and adults swim through the gentle waves. Small fish swim at their feet. Beaver Lake is the place where I actually learned how to swim.

The lake is never unoccupied. During the winter months, tents and hockey nets cover its expanse. The sun’s light gleams onto the icy surface, leaving a golden spread across the lake.

Maple, birch, and red pine trees line Beaver Lake. Images of green reflect off of the shoals.

A treasure in itself, Beaver Lake is a beautiful place. The way the sunlight graces the lake and how the trees hug the edges makes Beaver Lake the perfect place to seek refuge from a long and hard day. Whether it is playing on it’s beach, launching a canoe off of its pier, or ice fishing in the winter, anyone can enjoy the lake.

To me, Beaver Lake is a treasure of Waukesha county.